Highlighted
DVLuna
Level III

New JMP User Looking to Join the Virtual User's Group

Hello all!

I am a new JMP user and progressing quickly with the learning curve on using this fantastic tool.

I am trying to make contact with other users in my area (Tampa, Florida), but I don't see any user groups for the Florida area.  When I attempted to join the Virtual User's Group, I received an error.

It also appears that there is very little activity in the Virtual User's Group.  Has the group been discontinued?

I am looking forward to attending the 2017 Discover Summit, but I was hoping to start making connections with other users prior to the summit.

Any suggestions are very much appreciated.

Dave

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: New JMP User Looking to Join the Virtual User's Group

Your Virtual JMP user group- who to contact and how to get involved

JMP User Group leader*- Bill Kappele, appoggiaturadoe@gmail.com

*Group is actively seeking new leaders. Please contact Bill for more
information.
https://community.jmp.com/t5/Virtual-JMP-Users-Group/Your-Virtual-JMP-user-group-who-to-contact-and-...
Highlighted

Your Virtual JMP user group- who to contact and how to get involved
JMP User Group leader*- Bill Kappele, appoggiaturadoe@gmail.com

*Group is actively seeking new leaders. Please contact Bill for more information.
https://community.jmp.com/t5/Virtual-JMP-Users-Group/Your-Virtual-JMP-user-group-who-to-contact-and-...
Highlighted
gail_massari
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi Dave,

You are correct that there is no Florida JMP Users Group yet, although we have many JMP users in Florida.  If you are interested in starting one, contact robin.moran@jmp.com.

Robin is also working with the Virtual Users Group to extend its reach.  If you have a topic you are interested in presenting online, certainly contact her.

In the meantime, JMP Systems Englineer Olivia Lippincott will be in Tampa October 12 presenting to people interested in licensing JMP.  There may be seats available for JMP users, where you could meet colleagues.  See https://www.jmp.com/en_us/events/seminars/explorers/explorers-tampa-12oct2017.html.

Highlighted
DVLuna
Level III

Gail,
I attended Olivia's training event and it was very helpful.
I am also at the discovery summit now (which you know since we just spoke).
I would like the support for the virtual user group to be included in tomorrow's leader lunch if possible. I am a new user so I can't see stepping into a leadership role before I have ever even participated in a user group.
Please find out if this group will get a leader.

Dave
Highlighted
gail_massari
Community Manager Community Manager

Hi.  I messaged Robin Moran from the Discovery App and you can talk about it at the luncheon.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.