Highlighted

How to update a JMP data table to reflect Excel updates

Video shows how to update a JMP data table to reflect Excel updates.  Because JMP is intended to be hands on & generally doesn’t encourage automation, you go back to JMP to re-run the script again.  Note: when you run the script in JMP, it will not copy over the Control Chart script or any other scripts you have saved in the Tables Panel, so you may want to append that to the Source script.  A more automated sequence would involve scripting using JSL. 

Here are some Scripting Resources:

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
kmouloua
Level I

Re: How to update a JMP data table to reflect Excel updates

Hello,

I follower your instructions in your video regarding "How to update a JMP data table to reflect Excel updates" subject.

However, instead of updating the existing table, a new table with the updated data is created. How can i make the master table to be updated it without having a duplicate table so that i am forced to use the "Update Table" function available under the Table menu?

Thank you 

Karim 

Highlighted
kmouloua
Level I

By the way i am using JMP 14.3.0 (64bit)
Highlighted

@kmouloua that's a bit trickier since it requires that you

1. Have 64-bit Excel
  2. Have the Microsoft Access driver that allows you to connect to 64-bit Excel as a database.
  3. Have the administrative privileges on your machine allowing you to create a User or System DSN to connect to the workbook as a dataabase.

If you have these three things, opening an Excel worksheet via the Open Database option will create a table script Update from DB which will update the table in place.

Article Labels

There are no labels assigned to this post.