cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
How do I show and handle missing values when building models?

Some JMP platforms let you create a predictive model despite the presence of missing values. However, many analyses cannot be completed if missing values are in the data. Jerry Cooper shows how to use the Missing Values Utility to identify missing values in your continuous data and conduct imputation for missing values.  Highlight column(s) then select Cols>Modeling Utilities>Explore Missing Values.  You have three choices for viewing missing variables.  In addition, you have two options for imputing missing values: Multivariate Normal Imputation and Muntivariate SVD Imputation. See also Explore Missing Values Utility.

Comments

Thanks. However, this Modeling Utilities is unavailable both in 14th and 15th versions of JMPPro, at least in the "Col". Please, let me know what the alternative options for such a brilliant function are.

Thanks; Michael 

In JMP 15, the Modeling Utilities, including Explore Missing Values, have moved to the Analyze->Screening menu.

2020-08-05_15-51-46.511.png

Dear Mr. Perkinson, 

Thanks for the guide. If I had dedicated a little more efforts for 5 minutes, it would have been found. 

Thanks for the response.

Michael

Recommended Articles