cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

What topics would you like to see at the group's next meeting on January 12th?

The next meeting of the RTP JMP user group is already scheduled for the evening of January 12th. A special thank you to Buffy Hudson-Curtis for agreeing to be one of the speakers!

As a member of this group, what JMP topics would you be interested in learning more about (either at the January meeting or just in general). Post your answers here!

5 REPLIES 5
parker
Level II

Re: What topics would you like to see at the group's next meeting on January 12th?

Two topics that would I would be interested in seeing (particularly if they included running through an example with messy, real-world data):

"Best Practices for Time Series Analysis using JMP"

"Best Practices for Survival Analysis using JMP"

Science is built up with fact, as a house is with stone.But a collection of fact is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house. Jules Henri Poincare
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: What topics would you like to see at the group's next meeting on January 12th?

Messy data is where the rubber meets the road.  With survival, were you thinking about the survival platform or digging into the reliability - time to event platforms?

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
parker
Level II

I don't have a preference... I just don't get the opportunity to use either time series or survival analysis much in my current role so I'd like to hear from someone that is using these techniques all the time.  In particular, I'd love to hear from someone that has a good business example (including the types of challenges that you seldom see in textbook examples), or a novel application.

Science is built up with fact, as a house is with stone.But a collection of fact is no more a science than a heap of stones is a house. Jules Henri Poincare
Dilek
Visitor

I would like to see PCA studies and DOE related topics.

Raaed
Level IV

1. kernel regression splines with able to determined bandwidth (by using the rule of thumb or Silverman, etc ..)
2. SVM and SEM.
3. Add in time series (GARCH &ARCH models).
4. more support and integration with R.

Řaëd ~✍