cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

Explore possibility of a JMP MeetUp ?

All, 
    I believe most of you are familiar with Meetups . In case you are not , it is essentially a user group that meets regularly to use the meeting platform to learn / share / expand . 
    I would like to propose a Phoenix JMP Meetup in Phoenix. We can invite and gather our users to contribute to the agenda . For starters , I am interested in learning more about : 
1. Using JMP to interact with R and Python 
2. Statistical Foundation for JSL Scripters 

Best
Uday
26 REPLIES 26
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Explore possibility of a JMP MeetUp ?

I’m interested in attending and supporting in whatever way I can. I don’t have any specific topics to suggest, but I do have a JMP app for designing optimal RSM designs with axial values, which I think would be interesting for anyone with interest in designed experiments. I wrote the JMP app to implement a new algorithm for generating optimal designs I developed in order to get better estimation of quadratic terms with optimal designs. I submitted a paper on this to JQT in late September, and I’d be happy to share the current draft
-- Cameron Willden
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

I am inquiring with Galvanize in Tempe about potential meeting spaces for our groups and will get back shortly . 

I will post more information as it becomes available , however , depending on the respondents and their skill level , I would like to iron out an agenda that is beneficial for the group . 

@cwillden : Great to see you and appreciate your willingness to contribute for others. Thank you . 

Best
Uday
nadershakerin0
Level II

Hello All,

If you need a meeting spot, I can sponsor at Intel in Chandler too.

Regards,

Nader S.

uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@nadershakerin0 : 
          The Galvaanize campus requires a fee . So , until we find another option if at all if we find one , this would have to be our location.Can you provide timings (for e.g. after 5:00pm) and days ( only Monday/ Wednesday/ Friday) and any such constraints you may have to arrange for a meeting space ? 

@1302051228661@MyriamR - kindly let me know if I may consider you as potential attendees should we figure things out and arrange a meetup - so @nadershakerin0 can figure out how much space to reserve . 

Potential Agenda : (45 mins) 
- Meet and Greet ( I will arrange for snacks )  - 15 min 
- Explore beneficial agenda that will benefit our user group  - 15 min

- Discuss future meetup potential and decide on future course of action - 10 min 

Best
Uday
nadershakerin0
Level II

Hi Uday,

I can host any day after 5 PM.  Here is the address:

https://goo.gl/maps/JVwrh5E1itL2

Let me know when, and I will schedule it.  Thanks.

uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

December 20th - Wednesday @ 5:30 pm . 

Location : https://goo.gl/maps/JVwrh5E1itL2 (4500 S Dobson Rd, Chandler AZ 85248) 

@nadershakerin0 , @cwillden , @1302051228661@MyriamR - Will this time work for you ? Or would you guys prefer if we push it past the holidays  ? 

Best
Uday
nadershakerin0
Level II

It works for me.

cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

That could work for me, but that’s really soon. What’s on the agenda?
-- Cameron Willden
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

@cwillden
Potential Agenda : (45 mins)
- Meet and Greet ( I will arrange for snacks ) - 15 min
- Explore beneficial agenda that will benefit our user group - 15 min
- Discuss future meetup potential and decide on future course of action - 10 min

Any other ideas ?
Best
Uday
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

I think it would be good to have at least 1 short (15-20 min) presentation on some novel use of JMP.

Can we do a quick poll? What are people interested in? Scripting? Learning some of the more advanced platforms in JMP? Building applications? Other?
-- Cameron Willden
rburton
Level II

Yes, a presentation on any technical topic will justify the travel.

My preference is anything relatively advanced and/or novel. 

uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

I would vote for Application Builder

Best
Uday
cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

I'm pretty handy with Application Builder.  I could prepare something to help people get past the initial hurdles that discourage most people from using it.

-- Cameron Willden
uday_guntupalli
Level VIII

Can I have an RSVP of how many people are going to make it and of any food allergies - so I can get some snacks  ?

@nadershakerin0 ,
       Can you confirm that we do have the place available and any instructions for people willing to come ? 

Best
Uday