cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Phil_Kay
Staff
Why Design Experiments? The complete 7-part blog series.

Design of Experiments (DoE) is one of the most important data science tools for scientists and engineers.

I set out to write a series of blog posts to demystify DoE with simple explanations of some of the terms and concepts that can be confusing for people when they are starting out. Click here for links to all 7 posts in the series. I recommend you start with reason #1.

Teaser.jpg

I discussed each of the blog posts in a series of JMP On Air segments: Reason 1 , Reason 2 , Reason 3 , Reason 4 , Reason 5 , Reasons 6 and 7.

For anyone that wants to look at how the experiment was designed and play with the actual data that was collected (again, thanks to Camilla and Jonathan at Anatune) I have attached jmp data tables.

Last Modified: Jun 1, 2020 5:55 AM
Comments
ahmedmohamed
Level III

Thanks a lot 

Phil_Kay
Staff

No problem. Let me know if you have any questions and also what you learn from looking at the data.

ahmedmohamed
Level III

Of course I ' ll do.

PatrickGiuliano
Staff

@Phil_Kay  thanks for your contribution here and for bringing this to life on Introducing JMP ON Air .

I've been slowly making my way through the material and I am enjoying it very much.

One thing I was wondering, if it would be possible for you to provide the table of the 4,374 runs? I want to practice making that factor plot that you made in graph builder, so that I can appreciate more the complexity of the full factorial design versus the geometrically reduced factor space offered by the DSD design.

graph builder cell plot.png

Phil_Kay
Staff

Thanks for your kind feedback, @PatrickGiuliano. I have attached the 4374-run full factorial. The table includes simulated results and scripts for various visuals and analyses. I hope they are helpful. Please let me know if I can do anything else to help.

PatrickGiuliano
Staff

Awesome thanks @Phil_Kay! I'll take a look and let you know if I have any questions.  Cheers @PatrickGiuliano 

kee_fui_kon_syn
Level I

In Reason 2, you talked about the simulation of the 4374 runs.  Can you please show me how you did that in a blog or video?

Phil_Kay
Staff

Hi @kee_fui_kon_syn ,

I should be able to do that when I have some more time. I will let you know when I have been able to do that.

Phil