cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
juliagong
Staff (Retired)
How to create custom JMP to R add-ins

Have you ever wanted to create a JMP add-in that executes R code, but don’t know where to start with coding all the moving parts in JSL? Using display boxes to create a custom UI and also working with the JMP interface to R functions in JSL can be challenging for the new JMP scripter.

To make R functions more accessible to JMP users, I created a JMP add-in that has a configuration user interface and allows you to define and use custom JMP add-ins that execute R functions. Add-ins you generate using this add-in will allow you analyze your data in JMP using R functions without writing JSL or R code.

The add-in is particularly useful if you’d like to extend JMP past its built-in capabilities and leverage some functions that are available in R, such as SVM (Support Vector Machines), certain image analysis techniques, modern time series data mining methods, to name a few.

This program uses the JMP to R connection, and can also be adapted to create custom add-ins for functions in other languages such as JSL itself or MATLAB. 

Two examples I have created using this add-in are the SVM and PAA (Piecewise Aggregate Approximation of Time Series) functions, which are shown below in addition to a video tutorial for the add-in. Please see the add-in documentation for tutorials, example add-ins, usage notes, and more detailed information.

JMP to R Add-In Builder Example: SVM (Support Vector Machines)JMP to R Add-In Builder Example: SVM (Support Vector Machines)

JMP to R Add-In Builder Example: PAA (Piecewise Aggregate Approximation)JMP to R Add-In Builder Example: PAA (Piecewise Aggregate Approximation)
See a demo of the JMP to R Add-In Builder below:

I hope this add-in will prove useful for your JMP to R adventures. What R add-ins have you created with this tool? Let me know in the comments below!

Last Modified: Sep 5, 2017 2:04 PM