cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Value Colors for Categorical Variables in Distribution Platform Histograms

For Categorical Variables it would be nice if Histograms in the Distribution Platform (Bar Charts in that case) could have bars with different colors (e.g. determined by Column Property Value Colors). Maybe there could be an option in the Distribution Platform to say "Use Value Colors for Categorical Variables".

At the moment the choice of color affects the entire Histogram. For continuous variables it's probably difficult or even not a good idea to allow Value Colors as bar widths are kind of floating. But for categorical variables I think this would add value. At the moment I use "Chart" in the Graph menu for this, but there I don't get the info of the Distribution Platform, like Frequencies.

ColoredBars.JPG

4 Comments
morenopelaez_p
Level III

Idem for Graph Builder. The color drop zone doesn't add color as it should when distribution grph is selected.

Stroget
Level I

or color by group!

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @gerd, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

Bertelsen92
Level III

@Sarah-Sylvestre, I agree with Gerd on this matter. I would be a really nice tool to have available. 

Is there any updates on this matter? 

@gerd have you found a way around this?