BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

JMP Home License

I would like to be able to purchase a home license for JMP.  MATLAB, Mathematica, Mathcad and LabVIEW all now offer a home license.

Tracking Number:

Defect ID:

3 Comments
Community Trekker

Ditto!

@njspeer wrote:

I would like to be able to purchase a home license for JMP.  MATLAB, Mathematica, Mathcad and LabVIEW all now offer a home license.

Community Trekker

Good one. I would love to work on JMP from home too provided the license fee is affordable or perhaps instead of yearly fee make it afforable with a monthly subscription fee for light users.

Community Member

It's puzzling why "JMP Home" doesn't exist. There's certainly a market for it. They could limit the data sizes it'll handle, limit certain advanced functionalities, and/or limit access to support.

I purchased multiple versions of academic licenses from Maple, Matlab, Mathmatica, and Visual Studio (pre-Express versions, that is) for use while in school. All of those licenses allow for continued use at home after one's academic career is over, as well (and without a subscription fee!). While JMP Academic is the most affordable version, it's limited to students and requires a subscription. The least expensive non-academic option available, JMP Standard, is $1785 right now. For home use, that's simply a non-starter. It would be really nice to have JMP available at home, too.