BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed

JMP Home License

I would like to be able to purchase a home license for JMP.  MATLAB, Mathematica, Mathcad and LabVIEW all now offer a home license.

Tracking Number:

Defect ID:

4 Comments
Community Trekker

Ditto!

@njspeer wrote:

I would like to be able to purchase a home license for JMP.  MATLAB, Mathematica, Mathcad and LabVIEW all now offer a home license.

Community Trekker

Good one. I would love to work on JMP from home too provided the license fee is affordable or perhaps instead of yearly fee make it afforable with a monthly subscription fee for light users.

Community Member

It's puzzling why "JMP Home" doesn't exist. There's certainly a market for it. They could limit the data sizes it'll handle, limit certain advanced functionalities, and/or limit access to support.

I purchased multiple versions of academic licenses from Maple, Matlab, Mathmatica, and Visual Studio (pre-Express versions, that is) for use while in school. All of those licenses allow for continued use at home after one's academic career is over, as well (and without a subscription fee!). While JMP Academic is the most affordable version, it's limited to students and requires a subscription. The least expensive non-academic option available, JMP Standard, is $1785 right now. For home use, that's simply a non-starter. It would be really nice to have JMP available at home, too.

NG
Occasional Contributor

I'd love to play around with using JMP on things like Kaggle, but I'd rather not use work related equipment for that and the full license is a bit excessive for a side hobby. Something on parity with Microsoft Office 365 would open up that opportunity.