cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Import STDF

All our data is generated in the form of stdf files.  This is a type of binary file used in the semiconductor industry.  We currently must rely on a third party add-in to convert the stdf into a JMP table.  It would be nice to have this capability integrated into JMP.

9 Comments
kabir
Level II

We are in the same boat and using data logs instead of the stdf file. The issue is that we specifically have to request data logs compared to stdf files that are by default created for every single test. 

Would be great, if we that JMP can include that capability. Thanks! 

@nikles wrote:

All our data is generated in the form of stdf files.  This is a type of binary file used in the semiconductor industry.  We currently must rely on a third party add-in to convert the stdf into a JMP table.  It would be nice to have this capability integrated into JMP.

kabir
Level II

@nikles, is the addin free or paid? 

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!
hogi
Level XI

@Ryan_Gilmore, why STDF support not directly included in JMP?
HDF5 is implemented, but STDF not.

mia_stephens
Staff
Status changed to: Acknowledged

jpol
Level IV

We too would have a need to import STDF files to JMP. 

It could help a lot of semiconductor folks work much more efficiently if a suitable Add-In was developed.

- Philip

mia_stephens
Staff

FYI - there is a third-party add-in for importing STDF files. See https://sprysoftware.net/quickload-jmp/ for more information.

nikles
Level VI

Hi Mia.  You might have missed in the original comment, but we already do use an add-in (that very one, in fact).  The request is to have something integrate into JMP that no longer requires purchase of a separate add-in.

jpol
Level IV

Hi,

I have tried Spry Software's Add-In.

It seems to do a good job but my evaluation is ongoing.

As this script has existed since before the concept of Add-Ins, the "Add-In" is installed to the File menu and not the Add-In menu.

I also found all the check boxes a bit of a challenge. Chris at Spry Software provided me with a link to the user guide:  https://www.sprysoftware.net/QuickLoad-JMP_User_Guide.pdf