cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Git(hub) Support for JMP scripting projects

I'm currently working on some larger JMP-scripting projects where version control is a must. With JMP14 I started to work with projects. 

Committing & pushing my code to github manually is a bit of a pain. It would be great to have some very basic functionality like commit/push/pull integrated in JMP projects.

6 Comments

Thanks for the suggestion. While this is not currently on our roadmap, it's definitely something to consider for a future release. I'd love to know more about your github/projects workflow. I will send you a private message to arrange a call or conversation if you are available.

Aa

ih
Super User (Alumni)
Super User (Alumni)

I frequently use git for version control of JMP scripts and add-ins.  Without a doubt I am spoiled by the git integration in RStudio/RStudio Server and adding similar functionality to JMP would be fantastic!

jgrayson
Level II

I am running into the same issue and wondered how we might implement

@shoffmeister wrote:

I'm currently working on some larger JMP-scripting projects where version control is a must. With JMP14 I started to work with projects. 

Committing & pushing my code to github manually is a bit of a pain. It would be great to have some very basic functionality like commit/push/pull integrated in JMP projects.

a version control process.  Thanks!

Manuel_Vo
Level I

Hi @aaron_andersen,

is there any update regarding a possible git Add-in/integration/etc for newer JMP versions?

Thank you so much in advance,

Kind regards

Manuel

@JessicaHorsch@Valerie_Nedbal 

Status changed to: Acknowledged

Hi @shoffmeister, thank you for your suggestion! We have captured your request and will take it under consideration.

pauldeen
Level VI

VSCode will take care of that problem, so if this one gets some love then two birds with one stone:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMP-Wish-List/Migrate-to-new-JSL-code-editor/idc-p/730459#M5308