cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
0 Kudos

Creating New Labels in Graphs (without going through the data table)

It would be great if a selected point in Graph Builder could be labelled with new information right there.

So basically, it's a mixture of Row Label and Annotate - new text that is connected to a data point.

Maybe one could select a point, right-click -> Rows -> Row Label with New Information, a small window would open up with a field for new text, and when clicking OK a new column would be created (in the background) and labelled, and the new text would be written into the selected row for that column and the row also labelled.

Maybe there could be further options to select an already existing column as target for the new text info or sth like that. This would help if one wanted to do this with a number of points and not create a new label column for each point.

5 Comments
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager

You can get pretty close to this using Rows->Row Selection->Name Selection in Column...

Use the column that you're naming them in as a Label and make sure the rows are labeled.

gerd
Level V

Thank you for the tip, Jeff! I didn't think of this, and it does get me pretty far.

I will open a new wish that fits better to the new circumstances, and this one can be closed as "already offered" or so.

gerd
Level V
Jeff_Perkinson
Community Manager
Status changed to: Already Offered

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Delivered