cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Build user-interface by drag and drop components

This feature is existing in VB or C#. It would be nice and much faster if we could visually build our interface and then export it into JSL script.

4 Comments
Craige_Hales
Super User

try File->New->App Builder. It looks/works similar to the VB tool. I've built some multi-window applications with it. It has more than one personality, you might want to start with the empty application, depending on your goal.

@danschikore 

ThuongLe
Level IV

Nice, I've never tried that one before. 

Thanks for the suggestion

danschikore
Staff

Hi @ThuongLe - as Craige points out there are several personalities to the Application Builder.  If you are arranging a single window consisting of platforms, data filters, data tables, text, and images, you might consider using a Dashboard personality.  Like a platform, you can deploy this to a data table or add-in without editing any of the JSL.  The JMP Application personality opens up more functionality - individual input boxes with custom JSL actions, multiple windows, and more.

There are examples and notes in the Building Dashboards in JMP(R) (2019-US-TUT-246) tutorial from JMP Discovery last year.  If you are attending the virtual JMP Discovery this week, stop by breakout room 23 in Meet-the-Developers and I'll walk you through a few examples.

Ryan_Gilmore
Community Manager
Status changed to: Archived
We are archiving this request. If this is still important please comment with additional details and we will reopen. Thank you!