cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Distribution Calculator

The Distribution Calculator calculates and visually depicts probabilities and percentiles for 26 distributions, including the normal, t, Chi-square, F, Poisson, Binomial, Negative Binomial, Hypergeometric, Beta, Gamma and Weibull.

Includes controls for the appropriate parameters for the given distribution.

Watch video.

Note:  To access this script, install the add-in at Collection: Interactive Teaching Modules.  As of JMP 12 you can also run these modules from Help > Sample Data (under Teaching Resources >Teaching Scripts > Interactive Teaching Modules). In JMP 12 Student Edition, you can run these modules directly from Help > Teaching Demos.

8804_pastedImage_0.png

Additional distributions have been added since the recording of the video, and the probability options have been updated.  Here is a list of the distributions the calculator supports:

8805_pastedImage_1.png

Revision History:

• May 2015.  Fixed an issue with the signs in the probability options.
  • Sept 2016.  Optimized to run in JMP 13.

Suggestions? Comments? Please reach out to JMP Academic's Mia Stephens or Julian Parris.

Comments
p_willockx

Hi Mia,

This was exactly what I was looking for. However, it does not work in continental Europe where "," is the decimal separator. A mean of "95,3" and S of "12,2" results in errors. In the code, the comma is used to filter the input parameters (I'm new to JMP)?

Can you fix this?

Thanks,

Paul

UPDATE: I found an temp fix myself: jmp menu > file > preferences > windows specific > display language > [english] + mark "use JMP language...for number, date and currency formats"

Eric_Hill

A user at Discovery Summit in Amsterdam also mentioned that he wished Distribution Calculator worked with European settings.