cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Where Olympic Champions Are Born

JMP Research Statistician Caleb King joins us to give us a look at where Olympic champions are born. Using JMP and data from Olympic Reference, Caleb explored data about where gold medalists are from, geocoded birthplace data for all Olympians and shares his insights. Are basketball and beach volleyball players primarily from the U.S.? Do baseball tend to come from Cuba? Are Alpine skiers really from the Alps? Using simple data filters in JMP, the world map and animated time series see for yourself. Spoiler alert: Clay’s animations show history in action and you might be surprised by the top two cities to produce gold medal winners, and by how much a lead they still hold over the rest of the world.

Comments
calking

During the presentation, there was a question about how Budapest compared to other places in Hungary. I was unable to answer it live so I'll answer it here with a graph (using the Local Data Filter on the bar chart I showed). 

The literal definition of "domination"The literal definition of "domination"

calking

For comparison, here's how the USA breaks down:

Fun for all!Fun for all!