cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Show Suggestions?

We hope you love JMP On Air as much as we enjoy producing the show.

Our creative team has some really great ideas for the programming schedule. But, it's possible that we missed something. Now is your chance to share your suggestions. Do you have an idea for a segment on JMP On Air? Maybe you have a topic that you'd like included or a presenter you want to see. Tell us what you might change or add.

And... would you like to be part of an episode? Let us know!

Leave us a comment or your ideas for a new segment by responding to this thread.

Comments
AHaile

When watching the video for Episode 2 (4/7/2020) the resolution was really low. (Could be my end...) I still enjoyed it but would like a little more clarity as I couldn't see the data that was being presented.

julian

Hi @AHaile

Thanks for letting us know! Low resolution would certainly detract from the viewing experience, and I'm sorry to hear that happened for you. It may have been that the video was still processing when you watched; the resolution appears to be fine now on the OnDemand page for the episode (Episode 2 (April 6, 2020)) . If you continue to have trouble, please reach out and we'll investigate.

Thanks for watching!

Julian

AHaile

I figured out my problem... On IE11 I didn't have an option to change the resolution. On Chrome I do so instead of having the resolution set to Auto I can change it to the higher and see everything crystal clear. Thanks for your help.

Amir_H

All,

I have truly enjoyed the JMP on Air series so far. Would you please make a video tutorial on how to run DOE on Big Data?

I have read thru these slides (BIG DATA NEEDS DOE),

and watched this video (DOE: Is the Future Optimal?), and also found a journal article done by Knime, and it seems pretty useful. But I don't know how to do it in JMP Pro. If there is more info, I also appreciate any useful links.

Keep up the good work!

Amir

julian

Hi @Amir_H,

Thanks for this suggestion, I'll be sure to get it passed along to the JMP On Air producers. I expect this could be something talked about on Ask Dr. DOE (and I'll be sure @DonMcCormack sees this), or as a component of a featured program that discusses Big Data more generally.

We appreciate you taking the time to comment, and thanks for watching!

@julian 

Thanks @Amir_H , that's a pretty broad area. Anything specific you'd like to see?

@DonMcCormack 

Amir_H

Thanks @Julian and @DonMcCormack. Through the links I shared above I found that it's probably similar to a type of DOE I sometimes use on a set of existing data in JMP Pro which is lab treated and small.

My big data is also all numeric like my small lab abovementioned dataset: measured predictors by equipment in the field and measured response values (3 of them) by technicians which can be affected sometimes by the ambient RH and temperature, etc. The dataset I have is about 20,000 rows with 30-40 variables and I like to know how I can filter it and extract the best portion to create the most reliable and stable predictive model. Maybe there are other ways to do this which I like to learn too, but the 2 links I found and shared above theoretically are answering my questions and seem to promise a reliable robust new approach for modeling which I definitely love to learn to do as well in JMP.

I appreciate your time.

Wende

Hello,

As a brand new JMP user, I love JMP on Air. Thank you so much!  

Unfortunately I have a meeting that splits the time so I watch the videos on demand. Now that we are 12 sessions in, it would be awesome  to have one page that includes a link to all of the videos along with the title. That way, I can go back and watch a full series like "Tip of the Day" or "Things I wished I knew when I started JMP". I used tags to find the Tip of the Day, but it was a lot harder finding the other series. 

In addition, there are topics I know I would love to watch, but am not sure how to find them without having to scroll through 12 videos and reading the content below.

Thanks for your consideration!

Wende

Hi @Wende,

We are glad you are enjoying the JMP on Air program. Thank you for watching.

You can do this already by using the labels on the right-hand side.

Select Label to filter topics of interestSelect Label to filter topics of interest

For example, Clicking on the "Tip of the Day" label will filter the content and show only the segments entitled "Tip of the Day"

Subset of topics filtered by "Tip of the Day"Subset of topics filtered by "Tip of the Day"

cheers,

Stan

LWDiener

Hi,

JMP on Air is a wonderful series.  Thanks for making it so accessible.  My request for a segment involves Journals.  Most of the presenters use a very nicely formatted Journal that serves as an outline for their talk.  I remember one segment where the Journal was highlighted but it would be helpful (at least to me) to see a more detailed step-by-step build of an example journal file, suitable for presentation, that includes insertion of company logo, horizontal rules, outline items, free text and embedded graphics. 

Thank you.

Larry

Hi @LWDiener,

We are so glad you are enjoying the series!

Thanks for this suggestion, I'll be sure to get it passed along to the JMP On Air producers (one of which is me).  I expect this could be something talked about in a future JMP in Action or as a component of a featured program.

We appreciate you taking the time to comment, and thanks for watching!

In the meantime, here are some additional resources forCreating, Using and Sharing JMP Journals - Journals and Files.

Another very cool option is theJMP Notebook.

cheers,

Stan