cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Recode Review

Brady Brady, AKA the Data Doctor, is back to talk about all things Recode. A great tool for cleaning up messy data, Brady gives us a detailed look at the Recode platform in JMP 15. In addition to high-level discussions of some common Recode tasks, Brady hits on some lesser known and advanced features of the tool.

Comments
szdaizha

Could you please share the JMP file? Thanks!

ktbrickey

This is great! Thank you for sharing. I learned a lot!

@brady_brady Are the JMP data tables featured in this video available somewhere?

mostarr

I am  new to JMP, somewhat, and I don't even see the Recode text option when I right click on a data column. I'm not sure why. I need it to find if there are entry errors in certain columns.

(I can't share a screenshot because it contains proprietary information, but it doesn't really add any value beyond displaying what I am describing the problem to be, in any case.)

Thanks,

Mike

mostarr

Hmm, there must be a version difference in the feature, as the tutorial video I saw says to right click on the column name in the left window, whereas for me (I figured out) it works to right click on the title of the column in the main data window. So technically it works, though it would be appropriate to add a note to the tutorial video saying that the feature has been updated in new versions of the software.

Mike