Subscribe Bookmark
anne_milley

Staff

May 28, 2014

Receive this message from Phil Simon

Do you ever take the time to write book reviews on Amazon? I’ve thought about it many times, but I never seemed to find the time to follow through — until I read Phil Simon’s latest book, Message Not Received: Why Business Communication is Broken and How to Fix It. The more people who read this book, the better off we will all be.

Many of Phil’s books have compelling reviews. This excerpt from a five-star review on Amazon by Jack Spain for The Visual Organization: Data Visualization, Big Data, and the Quest for Better Decisions sums up that “…we must:

• Value and appreciate the power of speaking with data
  • Unleash the power of the data we have access to
  • Improve our ability to communicate succinctly, effectively, and with the right context on a timely basis
  • Increase the leverage of our data resources with innovative data visualization tools on the market today.”
  • Multitalented JMP colleague Melinda Theilbar, Senior Research Statistician Developer, got her own paragraph in the acknowledgements for The Visual Organization for her contributions to chapter 6, part of which you can see here, from page 122:

Phi_Simon_graph

If you join us for Analytically Speaking with Phil Simon on May 27 — and we hope you will — you will hear more about his latest books and a variety of other topics for which Phil is a sought-after consultant and speaker — strategy, technology, organizational culture, communication, big data, and more. For a small sampling got the kinds of things Phil has to say, check out his guest blog post last year on numeracy.  If you are unable to join the live webcast, you can always view the archived version.