Subscribe Bookmark
Diana_Levey

Staff

Jul 2, 2014

Presenting at Discovery Summit Europe in 6 easy steps

Staircase at Discovery Summit Europe

Go ahead -- take the steps.

What’s more satisfying than attending a Discovery Summit event? Presenting at one!

I know, I know. That’s an honor reserved for the best and the brightest analytic thinkers in the world. Before you say you’re not up for it, answer this question: Do you have a story of data discovery to share, a tale of a cool application of analytics and/or ROI to tell?

If yes, consider yourself qualified to submit a Discovery Summit abstract for consideration. The call for papers for Discovery Summit Europe is open now, but closes 30 September.

Now that you know that you CAN submit an abstract, I’ll tell you HOW. Here are six easy steps:

1. Write 150-200 words describing your story: As the protagonist, what conflict did you need to overcome. and how did you resolve it with analytics? Oh, and make up a title.
  2. Decide if you want to talk for 30 or 45 minutes, or present a poster.
  3. Write a 75-word bio for yourself and any friends who will be presenting with you.
  4. Decide if your story would be best for beginners or experts, or folks who are somewhere in between.
  5. Fill out this easy form.
  6. If your paper or poster submission is accepted, plan to attend Discovery Summit Europe 14-17 March 2016 in Amsterdam.
  7. See, it’s a simple process. But start now, because the deadline is approaching and if you don’t take those steps, you can’t make it onto the stage.