Aug 19, 2014
What makes a conference special? Topics, timing, speakers. Oh, yes, and location, location, location. Let’s just say we’ve got that covered. But let’s not forget about leadership.
Having the right folks at the helm can make the difference between a good event and a great event. That’s why we expect Discovery 2009 to be an amazing event.
Who’s at the helm, you ask? Let me introduce you to the 2009-2010 Discovery Steering Committee:
1. Mike Cramer, McDonald’s, Chicago, IL
2. Lynn Dickey, Biolex, Pittsboro, NC
3. Ed Hutchins, Cree, Durham, NC
4. Stan Koprowski, Sanofi Aventis, Bridgewater, NJ
5. Don Lifke, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM
6. Di Michelson, Sematech, Austin, TX
7. Jeff Perkinson, SAS, Cary, NC
8. Heath Rushing, SAS, Cary, NC
9. John Sall, SAS, Cary, NC
10. Deanna Starbuck, Aera Energy, Bakersfield, CA
11. Manny Uy, Johns Hopkins, Laurel, MD
12. Cy Wegman, Procter & Gamble, West Chester, OH
That’s a dozen of the smartest, most dedicated and most creative people I know. And they’re working with us to assure that this event meets the needs of users worldwide.
To each of our Committee members: Thank you, thank you, thank you. We are honored to have the privilege of working with each of you.
To all JMP users: Check it out, check it out, check it out. This will be one amazing event. And don’t miss out on being part of the action. Submit a paper or poster.
PS: Yes, I just said one amazing event. But what I meant by one was really two. Discovery 2009 is followed immediately by the Innovators’ Summit. Malcolm Gladwell will be addressing both audiences, and you, too, may want to attend both events.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.