Subscribe Bookmark
Diana_Levey

Staff

Jul 2, 2014

New to Discovery Summit? Let me connect you

If you’ve been to a Discovery Summit, you know what you have to look forward to. One of the best parts of the conference is meeting other smart, curious people who are interested in discovering cool things in data.

Even the introverts come out of their shells when around hundreds of other like-minded people. When smart, curious and interested people get together, they talk. They talk a lot. And when a large cadre of attendees return year after year, they have a lot to share and catch up on.

So what about people who have just recently started playing with data in JMP or who are novices to the conference?

To those people, I say: Come find me.

I’ll introduce you to other people in your industry who have similar business pains, to users who apply JMP in the ways that you do so you can share best practices, and to the Steering Committee members who select the papers and posters. I’ll hook you up with the developers who work on your favorite JMP platforms. I’ll even introduce you to John Sall, SAS co-founder and JMP creator. Like you, he’s smart, curious and interested in learning new things.

Malcolm Gladwell (a speaker at a previous Discovery Summit) would call me a “Connector.” Per Wikipedia, “Connectors are the people in a community who know large numbers of people and who are in the habit of making introductions.” That’s me. There’s a good chance I’ll know somebody who knows somebody who knows somebody. By the end of the Summit, you’ll feel like you know a whole lot of somebodies too.

So, when you get to San Diego on Sept. 14, come find me so I can start connecting you.

Article Tags