Subscribe Bookmark
laural_jmp

Staff

Apr 7, 2014

New Distribution customizations & options in JMP 10

The Distribution platform, frequently the backbone of data exploration, is one of the most widely used platforms in JMP. The JMP 10 Distribution platform has additional customizations and options to make this phase of data exploration even more individualized and easier than before. This blog post will focus on the reports that are displayed by default in Distribution for continuous data.

Figure 1 shows the new default report in Distribution for continuous data when analyzing Sugars from the Cereal data found in Cereal.jmp in JMP's Sample Data folder.

This report should look very familiar. The most obvious difference is that the “Moments” report has been renamed the “Summary Statistics” report. On close examination, you can also see that there is a new submenu for the Summary Statistics report. Selecting “Customize Summary Statistics” from this submenu displays a dialog for customizing the Summary Statistics report. (Note that this menu item is also available under the Display Options menu, replacing the “More Moments” menu item.) This dialog allows the user to add or remove any statistic in the Summary Statistics report by checking or unchecking the appropriate boxes. Figure 2 shows this dialog with my summary statistics customizations.

Notice that many additional summary statistics have been added: N Zero, N Unique, Uncorrected SS, Corrected SS, Autocorrelation, Median, Mode, Trimmed Mean, Geometric Mean, Range, Interquartile Range, and Median Absolute Deviation. Figure 3 shows my customized summary statistics report. If Figure 3 displays the summary statistics I would prefer to see by default, I can alter the Distribution Summary Statistics preferences in JMP platform preferences to customize my default report.

In addition to the Summary Statistics customizations, the Quantile report can be customized as well. There is now a “Set Quantile Increment” menu item under Display Options for altering which quantiles are shown in the report. Figure 4 shows this dialog.

I chose to display deciles in my Quantile report by entering 0.1 as the increment. Figure 5 shows my customized Quantile report of deciles.

Look for my next blog post where I will discuss Distribution’s new Custom Quantiles menu item for even more quantile customizations and options.

11 Comments
Community Member

New Distribution options in JMP 10: Custom Quantiles wrote:

[...] previous blog post discussed two new options in the JMP 10 Distribution platform for customizing the summary [...]

Community Member

Homepage wrote:

... [Trackback]...

[...] Find More Informations here: blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2012/03/14/new-distribution-customizations-options-in-jmp-10/ [...]...

Community Member

my homepage wrote:

... [Trackback]...

[...] Read More: blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2012/03/14/new-distribution-customizations-options-in-jmp-10/ [...]...

Community Member

× × ×¡× ×¨ × × × × wrote:

... [Trackback]...

[...] Read More: blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2012/03/14/new-distribution-customizations-options-in-jmp-10/ [...]...

Community Member

clips wrote:

... [Trackback]...

[...] Read More here: blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2012/03/14/new-distribution-customizations-options-in-jmp-10/ [...]...

Community Member

jimmynastic, reviews, phones, computers, technology wrote:

... [Trackback]...

[...] There you will find 76557 more Infos: blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2012/03/14/new-distribution-customizations-options-in-jmp-10/ [...]...

Community Member

ecommerce web hosting wrote:

... [Trackback]...

[...] Informations on that Topic: blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2012/03/14/new-distribution-customizations-options-in-jmp-10/ [...]...

Community Member

×¢× ×¦× × × × × × ×ª wrote:

... [Trackback]...

[...] Read More Infos here: blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2012/03/14/new-distribution-customizations-options-in-jmp-10/ [...]...

Community Member

how to make a website wrote:

... [Trackback]...

[...] Informations on that Topic: blogs.sas.com/content/jmp/2012/03/14/new-distribution-customizations-options-in-jmp-10/ [...]...

Community Member

bjftysmpbn wrote:

Execellent post !...

Execellent post !...

Community Member

naruto wrote:

Execellent post !...

Execellent post !...

Article Tags