Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed
chris_gotwalt1

Mar 17, 2015

Looking forward to Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM)

It’s that time of year again -- we’re all gearing up for the Joint Statistical Meetings (JSM), this time in San Diego. JSM week has always been one of my favorite times of year. For us JMP R&D folks, JSM is a great change of pace: We put our sales hat on for a few days and meet customers at the JMP booth. It’s also an excellent opportunity for us to see what’s going on in the statistical research community and for us to present the things we have been working on over the last year. I always enjoy being able to spend time with my JMP colleagues who work around the country -- and with some just down the hall who I never get to see other than in meetings and the occasional lunch.

Even more than usual, this year I’m looking forward to JSM. For the very first time, JMP has its own JSM reception. The reception is open to all JSM attendees and is on Sunday, July 29, from 7 to 9 pm in Aqua Room 300 at the Hilton Bayfront. We hope to see you there.

We also have a great lineup of presentations, chaired sessions, short courses and panel discussions this year, with a record 10 folks from JMP contributing in one way or another:

• Russ Wolfinger, Richard Zink and Walter Boyle, "Dynamic Comparison of Simulated Adaptive Trials," 4:05 pm, Sunday, July 29, CC-Room 28D
    • Bradley Jones, "Efficient Designs with Minimal Aliasing," 9:15 am, Monday, July 30, CC-Room 31C
      • Laura Lancaster and Christopher Gotwalt, "Exploring the Relationship Between Your Ability to Detect Production Process Shifts and Measurement System and Process Settings," 2:05 pm, Monday, July 30, CC-Room 29A
        • Don McCormack, Session Chair, "Methods of Reliability and Life Testing," 8:30-10:20 am, Tuesday, July 31, CC-Room 30A
          • Peng Liu and Michael Crotty, "Determine Drug's Expiration Date: Some Interesting Findings," 8:35 am, Tuesday, July 31, CC-Room 30A
            • Christopher Gotwalt, "What is REML?" 8:50 am, Tuesday, July 31, CC-Room 31C
              • Russ Wolfinger and Richard Zink, Short Course CE_28T, "Predictive Modeling in the Life Sciences," 8:00-9:45 am, Wednesday, Aug. 1, HQ-Indigo 202T
                • T. Beasley (UAB), Russ Wolfinger, Wendy Czika, Hemant Tiwari (UAB), and David Allison (UAB), Poster Presentation, "Using the Polynomial Power Method to Simulate Data with Correlated Non-Normal Error Structure for Assessing Methods Proposed for Family-Containing Genetic Association Tests," 10:30 am-12:20 pm, Wednesday, Aug. 1, CC-Sails Pavilion
                  • Curt Hinrichs, Business Analytics Panel Discussion, 8:30 am, Thursday, Aug. 2, CC-Room 31B
                    • Clay Barker, Leonard Stefanski (NCSU), Jason Osborne (NCSU), "A Resampling Approach to Degree-of-Freedom Estimation," 11:50 am, Thursday, Aug. 2, CC-Room 24B