Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed
arati_mejdal

Staff

May 21, 2014

Launching and Lunching in Boston for JMP 8

I'm just back from JMP 8 launch event in Boston. Actually, it was in Cambridge at the MIT Museum, a wonderfully appropriate venue for the event because it showcases innovation and invention -- which is what JMP users do with our software.

The Boston "satellite" event was a festive way to celebrate the release of the latest version of JMP. The main event for the JMP 8 launch was in Atlanta, and JMP hosted "satellite" events in seven other cities -- for a total of eight events.

Attendees started the morning at 10, learning about what's new in JMP 8. Then we tuned in for the Webcast from Atlanta featuring John Sall and Dr. Dimitri Mavris of Georgia Tech. If you didn't get to see it, you can watch the archived version of the Webcast anytime. Following the Webcast from Atlanta was a presentation showing applications of JMP 8 to specific problems.

One attendee e-mailed me after the event to say he was impressed with the JMP 8 demos he saw. "I can certainly see the power and potential of JMP 8. Probably the biggest impact to me was talking to real users of the product and how they use JMP today," he wrote.

We ate lunch inside the Mind and Hand Gallery in the MIT Museum, with attendees raving about the venue, the food -- including the JMP 8 launch cake you see above -- and JMP 8 itself.

One attendee, an analyst, told me over lunch: "One of the things I like about the new version of JMP is the way you can save graphs as Flash, which we use a lot in PowerPoints -- particularly the Bubble Plot, which I like very much."

After lunch, everyone was invited to explore the museum, which featured amazing exhibits on robotics, holograms and, my favorite, the "gestural engineering" sculptures by MIT professor Arthur Ganson.

Article Tags