cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Kick-start an analytics culture

Ted Ellefson has 24 years of experience in R&D, specifically the recording heads division of Seagate Technology.Ted Ellefson has 24 years of experience in R&D, specifically the recording heads division of Seagate Technology.Ted Ellefson of Seagate Technology outlines elements to starting a culture of data-driven decision making in a recent webinar. You can watch the complete conversation here.

“I think if you want to kick-start an organization that does not have a data-driven decision making style, I think it starts with some training; it starts with leadership; it starts with creating competent professionals who can truly understand the language that you’re trying to speak. They’re not necessarily statisticians, but they know enough about data analysis and statistics to be able to understand what they’re looking at.

"And you kick-start that with identifying your most competent, respected professionals in each one of your organizations and you train them in the language, you train them in the methodology and then you declare your expectations as a leader that that’s what you want to emulate.

"And it will take some time for that to grow. It’s taken Seagate, my entire career, we’re still on a journey 24 years later, but it all starts with some subject matter experts, some competent professionals and a vision of where you want to go with that data analytics.”

Preview the panel conversation below, which is now available on demand:

Last Modified: Aug 25, 2020 4:47 PM