Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed
chris_gotwalt1

Mar 17, 2015

JSM is around the corner

It’s almost time for JSM again, which is always one of my favorite times of year! The JMP team is having another big year at JSM with 10 presentations, panel discussions and poster sessions, not to mention the second annual JSM JMP Mixer. Last year’s JMP Mixer in San Diego was a great success and was certainly a highlight of the conference for me. I enjoyed catching up with my friends in the JMP community. This year, the JMP Mixer will be held Sunday, Aug. 4., from 6:30-8:30 p.m. in the Fortifications Ballroom of Le Westin Montréal.

Fortunately for me, I’m "off the hook" as far as having to give a presentation this year, but there are two presentations I have collaborated on, at least to some degree. The first one is on Monday, Aug. 5, and is being given by Elizabeth Claassen, one of our summer research interns.  She’ll be presenting preliminary simulation results related to a bias adjustment we have developed for variance components in binary response random effects models. Walter Stroup, her Ph.D adviser at the University of Nebraska, Elizabeth and I have derived a Firth biased adjusted estimation procedure that is intended to have the same kind of reduced bias properties in the generalized linear mixed model (GLMM) that REML provides for the linear mixed model.

On Wednesday, Aug. 7, JMP colleague Laura Lancaster will be presenting the results of an investigation of role of sample size and study design for Gauge R&R-type measurement systems analysis experiments. Specifically, she will be discussing how Gauge R&R study design affects the precision with which one can predict a measurement system’s ability to correctly identify shifts in a manufacturing process.

Hope to see you in Montreal!

Here is a complete list of all the presentations given by JMP folks here at SAS:

Sunday, Aug. 4, 4:05 p.m., Room CC-524b, Presentation

Recent Development in Biomarker and Subgroup Identification for Tailored Therapeutics, Russ Wolfinger and Richard Zink

Monday, Aug. 5, 2:00 p.m., Room CC-220bc, Poster Session

Dynamic Exploration of the Soul of the Community, Sam Gardner, Nicole Jones, and Michael Crotty

Monday, Aug. 5, 2:35 p.m., Room CC-513a, Presentation

Bias Correction for Covariance Parameter MLEs in GLMMs, Elizabeth Claassen and Chris Gotwalt

Tuesday, Aug. 6, 11:50 a.m., Room CC-518, Presentation

Optimal Split-Plot Designs for Fixed-Effect and Variance-Component Estimation, Brad Jones (Peter Goos presenting)

Tuesday, Aug. 6, 2:00 p.m., Room CC-524a, Panel Discussion

A Celebration of J. Stuart Hunter's Contributions to Statistics, Brad Jones (panelist)

Tuesday, Aug. 6, 3:35 p.m., Room CC-512h, Presentation

SPC Data Visualization of Seasonal Data, Annie Zangi and Di Michelson

Wednesday, Aug. 7, 3:05 p.m., Room CC-520a, Presentation

Exploring Measurement System Study Sample Size and the Power to Detect Production Process Shifts, Laura Lancaster and Chris Gotwalt

Wednesday, Aug. 7, 3:20 p.m., Room CC-520a, Presentation

Interactive SPC: A Textile Quality Case Study, Scott Wise

Wednesday, Aug. 7, 3:20 p.m., Room CC-518, Presentation

A New Derivation and New Perspective of Weibayes,  Peng Liu

Wednesday, Aug. 7, 3:00 p.m., Room W-Ville-Marie, Continuing Education Course

Using the Bootstrap Feature in JMP, Michael Crotty and Clay Barker

Article Tags