Subscribe Bookmark
hecht_jmp

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

JMP iPad app update from SAS Global Forum

This week, I'm in sunny Orlando for SAS Global Forum 2012. I'm here talking to people about JMP Graph Builder for iPad. If you're attending the conference, stop by the JMP booth and say "hi." Or catch one of my Super Demos at 1pm Monday or Tuesday.

I'll be showing the latest update to the Graph Builder iPad app, which contains some nice new features. The update is available now from the App Store.

Retina Display

The Graph Builder iPad app now fully supports the Retina display on the new, third-generation iPad. Every icon; every word; every line, marker, and map -- all are displayed at full "retina" resolution. If you have a third-gen iPad, you will definitely appreciate this enhancement.

Dropbox

You asked for it, and we listened. Dropbox is now fully integrated into the Graph Builder app. Drop your JMP data tables into your Dropbox within a special folder just for Graph Builder and instantly access them from your iPad. Create new graphs, and then send your updated data tables back to your Dropbox.

Graph Properties

This update lets you customize your graphs even more. With the Graph Properties editor, give your graphs an eye-catching background color, or remove borders you don't want to show. And if you don't want your graph to have a legend, you can now turn it off.

Expanded Data Table Support

The first version of the Graph Builder app could only open data tables in the JMP 7 format or later, if they were created on a machine with an Intel processor. But we heard from many of you that you have plenty of JMP data tables created on older PowerPC Macs. So we've updated Graph Builder to support those files, too.

Have fun building graphs with this update, and I'll see you at SAS Global Forum 2012 in Orlando!

4 Comments
Community Member

David Henderson wrote:

Wow absolutely amazing!

Any plans to allow it to import sas native data sets too?

Community Member

JMP Demos are Super at SAS Global Forum wrote:

[...] content has moved SAS Blogs Home > JMP Blog > JMP Demos are Super at SAS Global Forum « JMP iPad app update from SAS Global Forum JMP Demos are Super at SAS Global Forum Daniel Valente|April 23, 2012 [...]

Community Member

Lee Creighton wrote:

Michael,

The excitement I feel when using the iPad app is exactly what I felt when using JMP itself for the first time. This is a real visualization triumph.

Community Member

Mobile Options for All SAS Programs wrote:

[...] Michael Hecht, SAS, JMP iPad App Super Demo [...]