Subscribe Bookmark
arati_mejdal

Staff

May 21, 2014

JMP Training Welcomes Monica Beals

We in JMP Training are happy to announce our newest addition to the team, Monica Beals. Monica joins us after completing her Ph.D. in Ecology and Evolutionary Biology and M.S. in Statistics at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville last December. She gained extensive teaching experience while in graduate school, where she held a lecturer position teaching introductory biology. She used JMP both in her doctoral research and statistics coursework. Monica is delighted to be joining the JMP Training team as our newest JMP instructor. “This position is a great opportunity to combine my love of teaching and statistics, and I’m really excited about the new capabilities offered in JMP 7,” she says. Wecome, Monica!

2 Comments
Community Member

Jeff Perkinson wrote:

Hi Ed,

I think you're looking for the Categorical platform under Analyze->Modeling.

You can see a demo of the Categorical platform in the JMP 7 Analytics demo here: http://www.jmp.com/software/jmp7/tutorials/analytics.shtml.

Jeff

Community Member

Ed Liechty wrote:

I was recently at a JMP User Group in Indianapolis. Jeff Perkinson demonstrated a feature of JMP 7 where the format of categorical data could be specified. One particularly usefull feature was the abiity to format columns that had more than one piece of data in a field. I just received my copy of JMP 7 but I cannot find this feature. Can someone either demonstrate this feature or let me know how to contact JEff.

Article Tags