Our World Statistics Day conversations have been a great reminder of how much statistics can inform our lives. Do you have an example of how statistics has made a difference in your life? Share your story with the Community!
Lots of folks are interested in the new functionality in JMP 8, which enables users to embed JMP Bubble Plots and JMP Profilers in other applications. Here's a quick lesson in getting these JMP visualizations into PowerPoint 2007 in a few easy steps:
1. Create your Bubble Plot or Profiler.
2. Click on the "red triangle"/"hot spot" and select "Save as flash (SWF)......."
3. Save and note the path (that is, C:/My Documents/.........)
4. In PowerPoint, go to the slide where you'd like to place your JMP visualization.
5. Select the tab for Developer.
6. Select the hammer and wrench icon for “More Controls.”
7. Select Shockwave Flash.
8. On your slide, fix the box to the right size.
9. Right-click inside the box and select "Properties."
10. Beside "Movie" put the path of your .swf file. Change the “embedmovie” property to “true” (default is false).
11. View your PowerPoint as a presentation, and watch the magic unfold!
Note: These instructions apply only to PowerPoint 2007. When forwarding your presentation, you must also forward the .swf and have users save the file to the location identified by the path you indicated.