Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed
melinda_thielba

May 27, 2014

AMA Advanced Research Techniques (ART) early registration ends Thursday!

The co-chairs of last year's AMA ART Forum

The co-chairs of last year's AMA ART Forum kick off the last day of the 2015 conference. Join us this year in Boston!

I’ve posted here in the JMP Blog about the American Marketing Association’s Advanced Research Techniques (ART) Forum and the impressive work that’s presented there every year. As co-chair, I am doubly excited for this year’s conference, which will take place June 26 – 29 in Boston, MA.

We had an amazing group of paper submissions that we used to build the program schedule. Take a look. You'll see sessions on such topics as Social Networking, Market Segmentation, and analyzing Large and Unstructured data. I’ll be chairing one of two sessions on Choice Modeling, and my conference co-chair, Rex Du, will be chairing a session on Marketing Metrics. We’ll also have a full slate of tutorials to choose from the Sunday before the official conference begins. Among the tutorials are Introduction to Discrete Choice Experiments, Probability Models for Customer-Base Analysis, and Leveraging Online Search Trends in Marketing Research.

One of the things I love about ART Forum is the interaction between academic researchers and marketing research professionals. The conference sessions and format are designed to encourage discussion. In every session, academics present alongside experts who are working in industry. Post-presentation discussions from market leaders show how to work through problems that might happen when implementing a new technique, as well as analyze the gains from doing so. This year, our presenters have made a special effort to make sure white papers and how-to guides are part of the conference take-home materials.

Between the tutorials for basic training and the cutting-edge research techniques on display at the main conference, ART Forum is a great training opportunity for people who are new to marketing research as well as for experienced professionals.

Early bird registration ends this Thursday, so register soon. I hope to see you in Boston next month!