Subscribe Bookmark
arati_mejdal

Staff

May 21, 2014

1,000 posts and counting

I'm happy to report that we posted our 1,000th post at the JMP Blog yesterday, with Ryan Lekivetz's post on using space filling designs to explore data about his work commute!

Ryan's post is an example of the technical content that JMP Blog readers love best. So, I looked back to 2007 when this blog began to find the top 10 posts on technical topics. Here they are, in order of most views:

1. Saving graphs, tables and reports in JMP by Mary Loveless (2010)
  2. Graphical output options using JMP by Daniel Valente (2011)
  3. Introducing definitive screening designs by Bradley Jones (2012)
  4. What factors affect office temperature? A design in JMP by Audrey Shull (2010)
  5. What good are error bars? by Mark Bailey (2008)
  6. Visualizing Derek Jeter's 3,000-hit milestone by Lou Valente (2011)
  7. Histogram color by Xan Gregg (2007)
  8. JSL tip: Finding unique values in a list by Xan Gregg (2011)
  9. Image analysis of an elephant's foot in JMP by John Ponte (2013)
  10. "The desktop computer is dead" and other myths by John Sall (2013)
  11. Thanks for reading, and let us know what you would like us to write about!

2 Comments
    Community Member

Irv wrote:

Does graph builder allow for broken axes?

Staff

Xan Gregg wrote:

For general questions like this, try the JMP Community forums for richer answers (with pictures!). I'll to a fuller write-up in a future blog post, but the short answer is:

Basically, to make a broken axis in Graph Builder, add the Y variable twice, one above the other so that you get two graphs, one above the other. Now you can adjust the ranges of those two Y axes separately for the desired level of brokenness. Finally, use the Graph Spacing feature (new in JMP 12) to add a gap to emphasize the break.