cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Student Add-In

Minimum version: JMP 16.1

This add-in adds a Student menu item to JMP that contains a variety of interactive applets for teaching core statistical concepts, such as sampling distributions and confidence intervals, as well as calculators for confidence intervals, hypothesis tests, and sample size calculations.

Once installed, the  Student menu item that will appear between Graph and Tools. Note that if you cannot install the add-in, the teaching applets and calculators can also be found in JMP under Help > Sample Index.

To access the documentation for each applet or calculator, use the Help button inside each one.

Currently available in English only. 

Student Menu Screenshot.png

Comments

@Ross_Metusalem 

This is amazing, however,  I have found a small error:

CITwoMeans.jsl line 345 should have sd1^2 instead of sd1^1

The final CI is correct, but the reported pooled standard deviation is not because of this minor typo.

Thank you very much for reporting this, @ParametricLlama. We'll get on it.

Can the fix given by @Ross_Metusalem be implemented and posted here? I would like to install the app in a computer lab setting where students will be using it for HWs and exams. Thanks!

Hi @SeasonalGopher5. The add-in doesn't actually contain the calculator scripts; it launches scripts that are bundled with the standard JMP install, so the fix will come in an update to JMP instead of here. We currently have it slated to come in the 17.1 update early next year. Email me at ross.metusalem@jmp.com if you'd like the fixed script before then.

ptolomey