cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Scoping Design DoE JMP Add-In
andrewmac
Level II

This add-in allows you to quickly and easily create a Scoping design within JMP, and visualise its results. Scoping designs can be an extremely efficient way of gathering simple but powerful information, prior to embarking upon a formal Screening design.

In just 4-6 experiments you can confirm:

• Whether your Signal/Noise ratio is large enough to give you a reasonable chance of detecting effects in a Screening study
  • Whether you're likely to achieve your response goals for your process
  • Whether your factor ranges appear to be optimal

A Scoping design will not tell you which factors are important, whether there are interactions or provide any formal statistics - but they can still be a valuable first step in a sequential DoE strategy, if little is known about the process.

For further information on Scoping designs please visit our website: http://www.prismtc.co.uk/scoping-designs

Comments

Hi Andrew,

I really like what you did there!

Any chance you add the "Pattern"-column to the design? Even for small designs like these ones I like to see what kind of experiment I am doing on the very first glance!

Regards,

Sebastian

andrewmac

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the feedback, and that's a great idea about adding the Pattern column! I'll include that in my next version of this tool.

Best regards,

Andrew