cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Scoping Design DoE JMP Add-In
andrewmac
Level II

This add-in allows you to quickly and easily create a Scoping design within JMP, and visualise its results. Scoping designs can be an extremely efficient way of gathering simple but powerful information, prior to embarking upon a formal Screening design.

In just 4-6 experiments you can confirm:

• Whether your Signal/Noise ratio is large enough to give you a reasonable chance of detecting effects in a Screening study
  • Whether you're likely to achieve your response goals for your process
  • Whether your factor ranges appear to be optimal

A Scoping design will not tell you which factors are important, whether there are interactions or provide any formal statistics - but they can still be a valuable first step in a sequential DoE strategy, if little is known about the process.

For further information on Scoping designs please visit our website: http://www.prismtc.co.uk/scoping-designs

Comments

Hi Andrew,

I really like what you did there!

Any chance you add the "Pattern"-column to the design? Even for small designs like these ones I like to see what kind of experiment I am doing on the very first glance!

Regards,

Sebastian

andrewmac

Hi Sebastian,

Thanks for the feedback, and that's a great idea about adding the Pattern column! I'll include that in my next version of this tool.

Best regards,

Andrew