cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Performance Summary for Diagnostic Tests
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

I have posted and updated version of this script to use with JMP12.  The categorical platform was by-passed (due to a technical glitch) in favor of the categorical platform for the 2x2 table and graphic which is now a mosaic plot.

The IVD Performance Add-In was designed for quick reporting of diagnostic test results.  The output includes the common  2x2 table of results, a frequency chart, as well as the standard performance measures of a diagnostic test and their associated 95% score confidence intervals.  The Add-In also supports a "by" variable. The measures include:

• Prevalence
  • Sensitivity
  • Specificity
  • PPV (positive predictive value)
  • NPV (negative predictive value)
  • Positive likelihood ratio
  • Negative likelihood ratio

For likelihood ratio confidence intervals are based on the method in Simel, et. al.

Likelihood ratios with confidence: sample size estimation for diagnostic test studies

J Clin Epidemiol. 1991;44(8):763-70.

Simel DL, Samsa GP, Matchar DB.

8184_Categorical.png

Comments

great add-inn, very usefull and efficient @KarenC 

Lu

Thx Karen,

Looks very nice. Do you think it would be useful to update it with some other performance metrics of the online calculator (see above) such as the F1-score and MCC, false positive rate and false negative rate?

Finally, I wonder how we can get these performance metrics in the model comparison platform.

Thanks again for the nice Add-Inn

I will try it out 

Regards

Lu

RiztCL

Hello!

This seems to be a great add on! , but it happens to keep crashing in JMP 16 , does it require some specific data format to work or is it version-specific for JMP 14 only? 

Thanks!!

Raul

RiztCL

This is the actual error that I get,   please your advise , thanks!

RiztCL_0-1649514947816.png