cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Data Cleaning Script Assistant

This add-in makes it easy to create repeatable scripts that perform common data cleaning tasks. It will be particularly helpful for newer scripters who are unfamiliar with JSL conventions and syntax. It contains four point-and click tools:

1. Victor the Cleaner: A GUI for renaming, reordering, and deleting columns, as well changing their data types and modeling types
  2. Format Copier: Generates JSL for assigning formats to selected columns
  3. Property Copier: Generates JSL for assigning column properties to selected columns
  4. Subset Selected Rows: Generates JSL for subsetting the selected rows of the current data table

VictorGUI.PNG

For more details, see the Help document in the add-in menu.

7/15/2020: Update to v1.1 with 4th tool, "Subset Selected Rows"

Comments

Great tool, Jordan!

babn

Very helpful! Thanks, Jordan!

SunnyR

Excellent tool!

Stupendous, thanks @Jordan_Hiller .  Also a great tool for showing full reproducibility in an analysis work-flow (e.g. for "data integrity" purposes in a regulated medical-device or biotechnology environment).  This is a much more elaborate instantiation of another add-in that I used to use pretty often when trying to create my analysis reproducibly without scripting:  Copy Script For Selected Column(s) to Clipboard 

copying @JerryFish  and @trish_roth  so they can bookmark this per discussion earlier today.  Cheers,

ptolomey

Hi Jordan.

Thank you for great tool.

Can you also add support for JMP version 14.

Hi @ptolomeyTagging @Jordan_Hiller so he sees your request!  @PatrickGiuliano 

Thanks @PatrickGiuliano for the comments. 

Hi @ptolomey! Today I tried to make this tool backward-compatible with JMP 14, but I was unsuccessful. Anybody who has better jsl skills than me is welcome to try and improve it, the code is not encrypted.  

ptolomey

Hi Jordan.

I not succeeded to open addinn code in JMP 14.

If possible please provide JSL source code and I will try to compile it for JMP version 14.

Thanks.

IkjuShin

This Script is very beneficial !

Thanks

Ake

Hi Jordan,

Great tool, great videos using it! Still on jmp 14, so very happy if you find time to include that!

Thanks

reese_sj

Can you point me towards the video you mention? Thank you.

Ake

Here it is!