cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Built-In JMP Icons

Description

The Built-In JMP Icons add-in provides access to the names of all the Icons available to you as a JSL programmer. These icon names can be used in Icon Boxes, Button Boxes, Tree Nodes, List Boxes, Tab Page Boxes, add-in menu item icons, and can be set as window icons.

This add-in is mostly a re-write of the Icon Names Addin, developed by @JeremyFrancis and later updated by @pmroz.

Some improvements in this add-in:

• Many new icons, through JMP 15.0.
  • Removed icons from the Button Box tab that are not supported (v3.0).
  • You can now click on the IconBoxes to select them, along with hover text (v3.0).
  • Warning messages when an icon is only available on Mac/Windows (v4.0).
  • Filter icons by size and minimum version they were available (v4.0). 
  • Additional previews for TreeBox (v4.0) and TabPageBox (v5.0).
  • Show actual size of icon in preview pane (v5.0).
  • Example scripts for selected icons (v5.0).

To run the add-in, click Add-Ins > Built-In JMP Icons.

2017-07-20_13-39-25.png

Icon Box Tab

IconBox.PNG

Button Box Tab

ButtonBox.PNG

Example Scripts Tab

ExampleScripts.PNG

SAS and JMP reserve the right to change the icons and icon names at any time, without warning.

UPDATE: Version 3.1 (October 13, 2017)

Changelog:

• Added several new icon names courtesy @JeremyFrancis in the comments below. 

UPDATE: Version 4.0 (December 22, 2017)

Changelog:

• Added all missing icons (for a total of 615). You will never see all 615 at once due to differences in versions and operating systems.
  • Re-architected the add-in to get better performance (especially with the new filter options).
  • Added metadata about the minimum JMP version the icons are available.
  • Added filters based on the icon size and minimum version.

UPDATE: Version 5.0 (August 22, 2019)

Changelog:

• Added icons for JMP 15.0, for a total of 686.
  • Many performance improvements to help with startup time and usability.
  • Added example script tabs for Icon Box, Button Box, Tree Box, List Box, and Tab Box.

UPDATE: Version 6.0 (February 16, 2021)

Changelog:

• Added icons for JMP 16.0, for a total of 730.

SAS INSTITUTE INC. IS PROVIDING YOU WITH THE COMPUTER SOFTWARE CODE INCLUDED WITH THIS AGREEMENT ("CODE") ON AN "AS IS" BASIS, AND AUTHORIZES YOU TO USE THE CODE SUBJECT TO THE TERMS HEREOF. BY USING THE CODE, YOU AGREE TO THESE TERMS. YOUR USE OF THE CODE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. SAS INSTITUTE INC. MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NONINFRINGEMENT AND TITLE, WITH RESPECT TO THE CODE.

The Code is intended to be used solely as part of a product ("Software") you currently have licensed from SAS Institute Inc. or one of its subsidiaries or authorized agents ("SAS"). The Code is designed to either correct an error in the Software or to add functionality to the Software, but has not necessarily been tested. Accordingly, SAS makes no representation or warranty that the Code will operate error-free. SAS is under no obligation to maintain or support the Code.

Neither SAS nor its licensors shall be liable to you or any third party for any general, special, direct, indirect, consequential, incidental or other damages whatsoever arising out of or related to your use or inability to use the Code, even if SAS has been advised of the possibility of such damages.

Except as otherwise provided above, the Code is governed by the same agreement that governs the Software. If you do not have an existing agreement with SAS governing the Software, you may not use the Code.

Comments
pmroz

Thanks for updating the app Justin!  I feel that the world is my oyster now with 454 icons!

Justin,

Well done!  This looks amazing and I love the Treebox addition.

You have a lot more than I was able to find when I created my add-in.  I was updating my icon list for JMP13 when I found your add-in (which looks much nicer than mine by the way).

I compared your full icon list with my full icon list and here are 22 that you are missing (I was missing 41 of yours):

• CompareDesigns,CompressedFile,ConditionalFilter,DataTableBox,FilterSourceBox,HSplitBox,LayoutFilterSource,OrderBy,PrintPref,QueryBuilder,ReliabilityRBDEndBlock,ReliabilityRBDKnot,ReliabilityRBDStartBlock,ReliabilityRBDStressBlock,ReliabilityRBDSystem,ReliabilityRDBStandbyBlock,SpinBox,StylePref,VSplitBox,WinFileOpenSelected,WinRecode,WinViewSize

-jeremy

Jeremy,

Thanks for the kind words! I'm glad you like it! I really enjoyed learning some new techniques while working on this add-in.

And thank you for the additional icon names! I just uploaded a new version of the add-in with the names you provided plus one I found recently (RunTableScript).

Kind regards,

Justin

Justin,

I downloaded the latest but I don't see the new icons.  Did you repack your .jmpaddin file with the new script?  The last comment in the script is from 07 Jun 2017 and I don't see any of the new icons in the associative arrays.

Not sure how I missed that! Thanks for letting me know! It should be fixed now.

@JeremyFrancis and @pmroz, I updated this add-in again with all of the missing icons (received from JMP Development). I also added filters by size and minimum version.

Martin

I love this add-in! Just found it and it is so helpful.  Wish I had found it earlier.  Thanks @Justin_Chilton !

Sburel

@Justin_Chilton This addin is great to give a broad view of the various icons available.

However, I am unable to find the location of those icons in the folder structure.

I've been trying to specify the icons for an addin I'm building using the addin builder.

In the builder, there is the option to browse for icons but unless you have your own icons, there is not clear way to point to the native JMP icons.

Any suggestions, pointers would b greatly appreciated.

Best,

Sebastien  

@Sburel, The icons are embedded into JMP's executable, so they do not exist on disk to be selected as a file. Unfortunately, the Add-In Builder in JMP does not support these icons.

However, my Add-In Manager add-in does support this. The add-in has many other features, so it can be a little dauntingat first. I recommend looking at a few of my blog posts, Add-In Manager, Part 1: Defining and building a JMP add-In to get started and Add-In Manager, Part 3: Advanced customization has a section on how to use a built-in icon.

Sburel

Hi Justin,

Thanks for the tip. I'll explore your add-in manager. It will probably do the trick.

Best,

Sebastien 

PIN

@Justin  Hi Justin,

thanks for this amazing addin :)

Is there a way to copy the Icon Box out to Microsoft e.g. ppt, word ...? or possible to share the original picture of the Icon 

As sometimes need to use the same icon in JMP during preparing the presentation slide but hard to find a match one from the internet.

Appreciate 

Pin 

@PIN, yes, you can use the selection tool to select an icon and then press Ctrl/Cmd+V to copy and paste somewhere outside of JMP. You can access the selection tool by just pressing the S key (pressing A will get you back to the arrow cursor).

Wonderful!