cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Add-in to copy graph without window background
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

This add-in adds a menu item (under the Add-ins menu) to copy the currently selected item in JMP without the default window background. This is especially useful when copying graphical output to a document with a white background (such as publications and websites).

Instructions for use:

1. Install add-in by double-clicking downloaded file.

2. Select a graph using the selection tool (fat plus sign).

3. Select "Copy without background" from add-in menu.

4. Paste graphic to desired program.

7022_background.png   vs 7023_nobackground.png

Comments
juliaaline
Thanks a lot that is a great help!
rcookie

Hi @julian ,

Thanks for the add-in, this definitely helps.

I have noticed JMP15 automatically copies the background although JMP14 did not, do you know if this is on purpose or if it is a bug that will be fixed?

Thanks,

Richard

@martindemel 

@rcookie I guess it is due to a preference setting in JMP (though I guess the add-in tries to set it?):transparentBackground.JPG

Does changing this setting change something with the output too?

rcookie

@martindemel yes it is, perfect!

I'm not sure the add-in actually sets this preference, but in any case this setting does remove the background even for other image formats than PNG (windows metafile for example).

Thanks for your help

Richard

Urs

Hi,

This is a great tool. However, I think it creates a problem with dark-mode on OS X. After copying a figure without background, the background of all the column headings turned white. 

How can I un-install this add-in?

Thanks

Urs

Hi Urs,

under the View Menu go to Add-Ins, in the window appearing select the add-in you want to remove and press the button Unregister. This will ask you if you want to delete it also from the folder or just remove it from JMP.

Best, Martin