Highlighted
kkoprow
Level I

Is tabular CUSUM possible?

In my undergraduate quality control class we learned about the CUSUM control chart. I can use JMP to create the chart with V-mask. However, in our class textbook Montgomery also highlights the use of tabular CUSUM. My question is, how would I create a tabular CUSUM with JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Is tabular CUSUM possible?

Hi! I have confirmed with our technical support that the tabular CUSUM report is not built as a native option into JMP. At the moment, the only tabular information you can obtain from a CUSUM chart is the one that is created when you click on the red triangle next to Control Chart and select Save Summaries. While this creates a data table with the cumulative sum at each sample, it does not contain the other information you may need.

We have submitted a suggestion that this type of report capability should be added to JMP in a future version.

In the meantime you can of course use formulas or scripts to calculate custom metrics.

Thanks for using JMP in your class!

Volker

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Hi! I have confirmed with our technical support that the tabular CUSUM report is not built as a native option into JMP. At the moment, the only tabular information you can obtain from a CUSUM chart is the one that is created when you click on the red triangle next to Control Chart and select Save Summaries. While this creates a data table with the cumulative sum at each sample, it does not contain the other information you may need.

We have submitted a suggestion that this type of report capability should be added to JMP in a future version.

In the meantime you can of course use formulas or scripts to calculate custom metrics.

Thanks for using JMP in your class!

Volker

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Tablar CUSUM has been added to JMP 14.  Please see the following blog post:  https://community.jmp.com/t5/JMPer-Cable/How-to-detect-small-shifts-in-Control-Charts/ba-p/49452