Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Is tabular CUSUM possible?

kkoprow

New Contributor

Jun 15, 2016

In my undergraduate quality control class we learned about the CUSUM control chart. I can use JMP to create the chart with V-mask. However, in our class textbook Montgomery also highlights the use of tabular CUSUM. My question is, how would I create a tabular CUSUM with JMP?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hi! I have confirmed with our technical support that the tabular CUSUM report is not built as a native option into JMP. At the moment, the only tabular information you can obtain from a CUSUM chart is the one that is created when you click on the red triangle next to Control Chart and select Save Summaries. While this creates a data table with the cumulative sum at each sample, it does not contain the other information you may need.

We have submitted a suggestion that this type of report capability should be added to JMP in a future version.

In the meantime you can of course use formulas or scripts to calculate custom metrics.

Thanks for using JMP in your class!

Volker

1 REPLY
Solution

Hi! I have confirmed with our technical support that the tabular CUSUM report is not built as a native option into JMP. At the moment, the only tabular information you can obtain from a CUSUM chart is the one that is created when you click on the red triangle next to Control Chart and select Save Summaries. While this creates a data table with the cumulative sum at each sample, it does not contain the other information you may need.

We have submitted a suggestion that this type of report capability should be added to JMP in a future version.

In the meantime you can of course use formulas or scripts to calculate custom metrics.

Thanks for using JMP in your class!

Volker