Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Boston Property Assessment data?

SOLVED
mwerner_uga_edu

Community Member

Jun 21, 2015

Hello,

Would it be possible to upload the Boston 2014 Property Assessment data set used the demo shown at Data Visualization and Modeling In JMP 12 Pro - YouTube? I would very much like to use this data for a class example rather than the much older Boston housing data from the 1970s!

Thanks!

Mark

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Mark,

I understand!  I really like the old Boston Housing data, but they are quite dated.  You can find a version of these data at the following link:  JSM 2015 Tutorial - Interactive Model Building with JMP Pro​. 

I believe there are some saved scripts which.  If you run the scripts for any of the analyses, first use the data filter script - this selects only homes in a particular neighborhood (East Boston).  The example starts with all data, then focus on only homes in East Boston.  The Cluster column is hierarchical clusters for latitude and longitude for East Boston (for a location effect), and the saved formulas are also for this one neighborhood.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Mia

1 REPLY

Hi Mark,

I understand!  I really like the old Boston Housing data, but they are quite dated.  You can find a version of these data at the following link:  JSM 2015 Tutorial - Interactive Model Building with JMP Pro​. 

I believe there are some saved scripts which.  If you run the scripts for any of the analyses, first use the data filter script - this selects only homes in a particular neighborhood (East Boston).  The example starts with all data, then focus on only homes in East Boston.  The Cluster column is hierarchical clusters for latitude and longitude for East Boston (for a location effect), and the saved formulas are also for this one neighborhood.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Mia