cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
eranse
Level II

hour axis

hi,

Maybe a basic issue but in graph builder (JMP14.2) I can't create an axis which will range from 6am (min) to 02am (max)the following day. When I try to set the minimum value at 06:00 and the maximum at 02:00 the axis immediately switches the min and max. 

I need the events which occured after midnight to apear higher i.e. later in the time period, but they always apear below - lower on the scale. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Eran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
tom_abramov
Level V

Re: hour axis

Hi Eran,

Sounds you need to add the date as well.

Or use Column Property "Value Ordering" to set up a specific order of values.

If you don't succeed, please attach the data.

Regards,

Tom Abramov.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
tom_abramov
Level V

Hi Eran,

Sounds you need to add the date as well.

Or use Column Property "Value Ordering" to set up a specific order of values.

If you don't succeed, please attach the data.

Regards,

Tom Abramov.

eranse
Level II

Hi Tom,
I thought about that but each data point (There are more than a 1000) has a different date – I am interested in the hour distribution over the day

[cid:image001.png@01D59ADC.D345D770]

The small groups on the bottom should be on top of the graph. Adding the date to each point would make it an impossible.

[cid:image002.png@01D59ADC.D345D770]

eran

tom_abramov
Level V

The pics are not attached...
eranse
Level II

Hi tom,

Thanks - I think the value ordering did the trick - was a bit lengthy but the final result seems ok

eran

tom_abramov
Level V

Not at all.
There is another trick (maybe for future cases) - choose column property "Row order levels". The values will be ordered in charts as they are ordered in the table.