cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

How to do a routine data import from data base and running JMP script

Hi

Does anyone know if the JMP supports routine import of data from a data base?

We are interested in daily import of data and than running a script on the data in an automatic manner.

Currently this a general question, we have two JMP users in our organization, it seems like more people are interstred and a routine reporting is one of the functions they want to have. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
tom_abramov
Level V

Re: How to do a routine data import from data base and running JMP script

Hi,

Yes, JMP can import data from database (with regular SQL queries) to JMP data table and then JMP can run on that data any JMP platform user needs. You can develop dashboards and statistical Addins/Tools/Automatic scripts with JSL (Jmp Scripting Language). As for "daily automatic import and analysis", I see two ways:

1. You schedule some JMP script execution with Windows Schedule to run once a day

2. You leave your JMP always ON with running script. In that script you put a loop with delay of 24 hours after each iteration.

Scripts in JMP can create and email data tables and reports in Journal/PPT/PDF formats.

If you have more questions, I'll be glad to answer.

Regards,

Tom Abramov

054-4967206

tom.abramov@ald.co.il

Thank you very much Tom.

Omer
Level I

Gilad Hi

What we do at our organization for daily (Weekly, etc.….) routine reports is as follow:

1. We establish a JMP working station that always on.
  2. This station has ODBC read only to the relevant DB.
  3. We made a script that can start running at open (on double click).
  4. The script enters DB, pool out all info need, and then make manipulations all the way to report (as graphs, Summaries and more)
  5. At the end of this script it saves that report as PDF or Interactive HTML to a known folder.
  6.  We make a schedule procedure at the window that run the script and then send mail to the recipients.

Best Regards

Omer