cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Registration open for Discovery Summit Europe. User Group Members benefit from a 25% discount with the code: DSEUgroup24
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
LauraRK
Visitor

Active?

Hello, Is this group still active at all?

Thank you,  Laura

6 REPLIES 6
scott1588
Level III

Re: Active?

I would certainly like it to be active. But not much has happened in the past couple of years.

Are you interested in trying to revive it?
LauraRK
Visitor

Hi, If there is a meeting I would like to attend. I live in Michigan. I am always interested in improving my Jmp skills . I am not sure if at this point I am in a position to be in leadership for this group but I would be interested in being involved as a member. Laura
Stan
Level III

@LauraRK Hi Laura, not much has been happening but I too am anxious to reactivate the group. You can contact me at stan@CrucialConnection.com if you'd like to discuss some ideas, or if you'd like something specific. Here's my LinkedIn profile, do send me a connection request. If you're interested, I'll be presenting a webinar at 12:00 noon EDT this Thursday, June 13th, for the Virtual Users Group (see pptx file). Still working out the connection details with Robin Moran at JMP.

Stan Siranovich
mark_anawis
Level IV

Hello Laura and Stan, we are currently exploring ideas for formats for the meetings (e.g. live vs. web-based) and topics. While we do have access to venue sites for the meetings, attendance at the last few meetings has fallen so we went on hiatus. However, we intend to continue with the group and would appreciate any ideas anyone would have. Regards, Mark Anawis

Stan
Level III

Hello Mark and Laura,
Finally getting back to you. We've been having the same issues in the Central Kentucky Users Group. Let's set up a time to talk next week, either via phone or Zoom or whatever. Tuesday and Wednesday morning works for me. (I'm in the EDT zone.)

Some observations:
• Make use of online resources, similar to JMP’s Thursday and Friday sessions.
• Include Virtual Uses Group and other users groups in the online invitations.
• I usually limit my attendance at events that are under a two hour drive, one way.
• For a physical meeting we’ll need a significant participation from JMP.
• We’ve had to cancel my presentation (a reprise of my poster session from the last Discovery Summit) twice because of technical or scheduling difficulties.
• Whatever we do, it needs to be well-publicized, especially the first couple of events.
Stan Siranovich
mark_anawis
Level IV

Hello Laura and Stan,

Yes, let's talk. I am open all day Tues and Wed next week (6/18,6/19). I am in CDT time zone. We are about 1 hour north of Chicago. We can do a phone call. My #224-667-4347. My work email: mark.anawis@abbott.com. We can share some ideas.

Best Regards,

Mark Anawis