Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

windows 10 - should I or should i not?

ron_horne

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

I was wondering if any JMP users have upgraded to windows 10 and if there are any issues with it?

on this link http://www.jmp.com/en_us/support/system-requirements.html#windows there is no mentioning of the new operating system.

thank you for sharing your experience.

ron

6 REPLIES
David_Burnham

Super User

Jul 13, 2011

Ron

I'm running JMP v12.1 on  a laptop with Windows 10 and haven't experienced any operational issues with JMP.

-Dave

-Dave
pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

FWIW I upgraded my home computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10.  Windows 10 has some neat features.  However a week later I got the dreaded BSOD (blue screen of death).  Unfixable - the error message I got was "critical system failed".

I would wait until Windows 10.1 comes out.

Or do a full backup, and after updating to Windows 10 create a system restore point.

Wendy_Murphrey

Jun 23, 2011

The System Requirements page mentioned in the original post has now been updated.  JMP 12.1 is the first version of JMP to be supported on Windows 10.

Thank you for pointing out the omission.

Kind regards,

Wendy

Wendy
ron_horne

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

So if one is using JMP 11 he shouldn't upgrade to Win 10?

Wendy_Murphrey

Jun 23, 2011

Ron,

JMP 11 on Windows 10 is not an officially supported configuration.  While we are not aware of any issues at this time, there will not be any further maintenance releases for JMP 11 should you encounter a problem. 

Kind regards,

Wendy

Wendy
SFR

Community Member

Jun 13, 2017

Hi -- I know this is an old thread, but maybe someone here can help. 

I am using JMP 9 (yes, I know...). Is it compatible with Win10?

I know it is not officially supported, but is it compatible?

Thx a lot for your reply.