cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
emails4nir1
Level I

when preforming t-test for entire table, how can i make jmp show t tests and mean for all columns automatically?

Hi, I recently downloaded JMP.

1- I used FIT Y by X to compare variables between 2 groups. I went ahead and selected 50 columns. the analysis I got makes me choose to show the means and STD and the t-test for each column. a friend of mine who showed me how to do that on an older version, had all the info ready. is there a better way than tediously selecting it for each variable?

2- is there a way to export just the means, std and p value to a table (other than copying it one by one)

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: when preforming t-test for entire table, how can i make jmp show t tests and mean for all columns automatically?

One other option would be to use File > Preferences then select Oneway from Platforms and check Means/Anova and Each Pair, Student's t options and then click apply. The Means/Anova and Student's t options will then be displayed automatically each time you run a Oneway Analysis report from Fit Y by X.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

Re: when preforming t-test for entire table, how can i make jmp show t tests and mean for all columns automatically?

Try these "tricks":

1. To broadcast an action to all columns, hold down Ctrl or Cmd key while selecting t-test etc.

2. One way is to right click on a table box in the report and select Make Combined Data Table.

One other option would be to use File > Preferences then select Oneway from Platforms and check Means/Anova and Each Pair, Student's t options and then click apply. The Means/Anova and Student's t options will then be displayed automatically each time you run a Oneway Analysis report from Fit Y by X.

txnelson
Super User

Analyze==>Modeling==>Response Screening will create a data table that will contain the analysis for the comparisons between the groups.  You may want to look at it.  It runs very fast.

Jim