Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
billi
Contributor

very basic line plot graph question

I am trying to re-create a graph that was plotted in excel (image of the plot is attached in file test excel). I tried plotting it in jmp but not getting the same graph. Data is attached and I have saved the graph that I got in the data table. Can anyone please help me with this simple graph?

test excel.PNG

0 Kudos
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: very basic line plot graph question

To start with, the time column in your JMP table is a character string and has the Ordinal modeling type. Convert it to numeric and continuous modeling type. That will give the proper scaling of your x-axis.

However, the graph will not look like the Excel chart because it is not the same data. For example, look at batch E. In the provided JMP table you show a percent of 43 at time 240. In the Excel graph you have a value in the 80s.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

To start with, the time column in your JMP table is a character string and has the Ordinal modeling type. Convert it to numeric and continuous modeling type. That will give the proper scaling of your x-axis.

However, the graph will not look like the Excel chart because it is not the same data. For example, look at batch E. In the provided JMP table you show a percent of 43 at time 240. In the Excel graph you have a value in the 80s.

Dan Obermiller

View solution in original post

Highlighted
billi
Contributor

@Dan_Obermiller Thank you for your reply. It worked and yes some of the values did not match but I got same graph if I use same values. Thank you again for your help.

0 Kudos