Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
mhd7
Level II

updating multiple dashboards

Hello, 

I have a "can this  be done" question. Using the same data table (main sheet), I have created 4 different data tables (a,b,c,d) by sorting/splitting data from the main sheet. The data is identical on tables a,b,c,d but is arranged differently to answer different questions. From each of the 4 data tables I have created a dashboard. Hence I have one dashboard associated with table a, one dashboard associated with table b, etc. 

Is there an easy way to update the 4 dashboards without having to sort/split all of the data again 4 times (once for each data sheet)??

Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
ian_jmp
Staff

Re: updating multiple dashboards

I believe the answer is "almost certainly yes". But the details will depend on what you want to trigger the update, the specific table manipulations you have done, and what particular reports you have generated from the result of this.

Some JSL will be required, and here's a (probably) not very useful example:

NamesDefaultToHere(1);

// Make a table with some initial data
dt = NewTable("Time Series", NewColumn("Data", Numeric, Continuous, Formula(RandomNormal(0,1))));
dt << addRows(20);

// Make a control Chart
ccb = dt << Control Chart Builder(
					Show Control Panel( 0 ),
					Show Capability( 0 ),
					Variables( Y( :Data ) )
				);

// Simulate the arrival of new data
for(t=1, t<=10, t++,
	Wait(2);
	Beep();
	dt << addRow(1);
	);

0 Kudos
Highlighted
mhd7
Level II

Re: updating multiple dashboards

Thank you very much for your response and glad to hear the answer is "almost certainly yes". Honestly, I don't understand how to apply the JSL below as I am relatively new to JMP. I did try updating my main data table as the others are created from it...but it did not seem to update the 4 individual tables. 

0 Kudos