Share your ideas for the JMP Scripting Unsession at Discovery Summit by September 17th. We hope to see you there!
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Highlighted
santhu1501
Level II

troubleshooting a script on JMP analysis graphs and charts

New Bitmap Image.bmpCan anyone please help me troubleshoot this script on JMP for automated analysis charts. Debug shows the column names are not identified, but those are the existing column names on the data table, not sure what is wrong on this. 

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: troubleshooting a script on JMP analysis graphs and charts

From your debug screen, it is telling you the column "Load Max dT/dV" does not exist, or it is having a problem with it.  Here are few things to look at:

  • In your debug screen i=2 and selRows =2.  Make sure that is correct?
  • Check that the displayed current data table is correct.
  • Check that you have the correct name and data type for Load Max dT/dV. Are their extra spaces in the name, leading, trailing, spaces.
  • If all of that looks good, change :Name()  to  Column("Load Max dT/dV")[] (left,right bracket) or As Column(:Name("Load Max dT/dV") )

View solution in original post

Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: troubleshooting a script on JMP analysis graphs and charts

I believe something is wrong with your column name.  Here is an example where I added spaces, change teh modeling type and data type and the only way I can reproduce this error is when I specify a column that does not exist in the table.

image.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: troubleshooting a script on JMP analysis graphs and charts

From your debug screen, it is telling you the column "Load Max dT/dV" does not exist, or it is having a problem with it.  Here are few things to look at:

  • In your debug screen i=2 and selRows =2.  Make sure that is correct?
  • Check that the displayed current data table is correct.
  • Check that you have the correct name and data type for Load Max dT/dV. Are their extra spaces in the name, leading, trailing, spaces.
  • If all of that looks good, change :Name()  to  Column("Load Max dT/dV")[] (left,right bracket) or As Column(:Name("Load Max dT/dV") )

View solution in original post

Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: troubleshooting a script on JMP analysis graphs and charts

Which version of JMP are you using?

Highlighted
santhu1501
Level II

Re: troubleshooting a script on JMP analysis graphs and charts

its JMP Pro12, Thanks
Highlighted
gzmorgan0
Super User

Re: troubleshooting a script on JMP analysis graphs and charts

I believe something is wrong with your column name.  Here is an example where I added spaces, change teh modeling type and data type and the only way I can reproduce this error is when I specify a column that does not exist in the table.

image.png

View solution in original post

Highlighted
santhu1501
Level II

Re: troubleshooting a script on JMP analysis graphs and charts

Thanks a lot for reproducing this error and checking for me. You are correct, I just realized that, in my data table, column name slightly different,
I have it in data as "Load dT/dV Max" but in the script "Load Max dT/dV"
:-)
Highlighted
santhu1501
Level II

Re: troubleshooting a script on JMP analysis graphs and charts

Thanks a lot, I found the error. As you said, its mismatch in my column name.... :-)
Article Labels

    There are no labels assigned to this post.