Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

t-Test from Oneway, Make Combined Data Table

robot

Community Trekker

Feb 27, 2012

Hi,

I would like to get t-test results for a data series.  I am attempting to do this by creating a report for the Oneway platform and then make the t-test result into a combined data table.  However, I seem unable to get the syntax correct.  Note: when selecting the Display Box for t-test, I would like to use the subscript name rather than a number, because in my final script, the number may vary.  Any suggestions?  Is there a better way to do this?

Also, in general, I always seem to encounter similar difficulties when trying to extract data from display trees.  Can anyone recommend some general tips or tricks for extracting data from display trees?

Thanks!

Example

Names Default To Here( 1 );

bigClass = Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp" );

one = bigClass << Oneway(

Y( :height ),

X( :sex ),

By( :Age ),

All Graphs( 0 ),

Means and Std Dev( 1 ),

t Test( 1 ),

Plot Quantile by Actual( 1 ),

Line of Fit( 0 ),

Box Plots( 1 ),

Mean Lines( 1 ),

Mean Diamonds( 1 ),

Mean Error Bars( 1 ),

Std Dev Lines( 1 ),

X Axis Proportional( 0 ),

Points Jittered( 1 ),

Grand Mean( 0 )

);

rone = one[1] << Report;

rone["t Test"] << Make Combined Data Table; //What is the correct syntax here?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Make combined data table must be sent to the Table Box that is within the OutlineBox "t Test". That particular table box is not positioned directly under its OutlineBox but deeper down in the hierarchy.

A good strategy is to look at the display tree (right-click on the outlinebox and select Edit -> Show Tree Structure) to find the path to the target.

This should work here:

rone["t Test"][2,1,2]<<Make Combined Data Table;

The other TableBox is easier to address since it is not nested within List Boxes:

rone["Means and Std Deviations"][1] << Make into Data Table;

// Wildcards can be useful

rone["Means and Std?"][1] << Make Combined Data Table

2 REPLIES
Solution

Make combined data table must be sent to the Table Box that is within the OutlineBox "t Test". That particular table box is not positioned directly under its OutlineBox but deeper down in the hierarchy.

A good strategy is to look at the display tree (right-click on the outlinebox and select Edit -> Show Tree Structure) to find the path to the target.

This should work here:

rone["t Test"][2,1,2]<<Make Combined Data Table;

The other TableBox is easier to address since it is not nested within List Boxes:

rone["Means and Std Deviations"][1] << Make into Data Table;

// Wildcards can be useful

rone["Means and Std?"][1] << Make Combined Data Table

robot

Community Trekker

Feb 27, 2012

That did it.  And thanks for the tips!